The Executive Board is elected by the Association’s members during the annual election in the fall semester of the academic year – National General Assembly. The members of the Executive Board manage the Association on a day-to-day basis, taking all decisions related to the management and maintenance of the Association. According to the by-laws, the Executive Board shall consist of:
- LaMSA President, chairperson of the Executive Board
- Vice President of Internal Affairs (VPI)
- Vice President of External Affairs (VPE) / IFMSA coordinator
- Vice President for Finance (VPF)
- Exchange coordinator (NEO)
- National Officer on Medical Education (NOME)
- National Public Health Officer (NPO)
- National Officer on Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights including HIV&AIDS (NORA)
The Council is the decision-making body of the Latvian Medical Students’ Association. Decisions on the development and operation of LaMSA are made at the Council meetings.
LaMSA council is made up of members who are elected during the National General Assembly. Any student in medicine, nursing, public health, social welfare, dentistry, rehabilitation can become a council member.
The board consists of all existing project managers and elected board members. The Council shall be chaired by its chairman and his deputy. Meetings are held once a month (excluding summer months June-August) to discuss current questions regarding both LaMSA and IFMSA (International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations).
Contact LaMSA Council to find out about projects and opportunities by emailing to [email protected]
The Supervising Council examines LaMSA’s financial and economic activities, covering all areas: working group activities and administrative business. The Supervising Council is elected during the National General Assembly for three years.