The Standing Committee on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights including HIV and AIDS is a project area in Latvia that deals with occasionally controversial topics that medical students around the world consider important and care about.
- A Comprehensive Sexual Education Program to Update Sexual and Reproductive Health through Education. The International Federation of Medical Students Associations (IFMSA) has considerable experience in training its fellow students through international training camps and through communication networks and regional conferences.
- Awareness of women’s health and safe abortion options with the aim of educating about the newborn and maternal health in terms of family planning, prenatal care and reducing stigma in relation to abortion. Also in this industry, IFMSA can provide a lot of support.
- Sexuality and Gender Identity Issues. Supporting a positive portrait of sexuality and striving to limit discrimination and guarantee access to healthcare for LGBT + individuals.
- Limiting violence against women – strongly advocating tolerance of sexual harassment and domestic violence together with the Standing Committee on Human Rights and Peace (SCORP).
- Limiting the spread of HIV and other STDs and educating young people on these issues.
SCORA coordinator – Kristīna Kosareva
Ja ir jautājumi par projektiem vai par sabiedrības veselības virzienu droši raksti uz [email protected]