The Council is the decision-making body of the Latvian Medical Students’ Association. Decisions on the development and operation of LaMSA are made at the Council meetings.
LaMSA council is made up of members who are elected by the general meeting once a year. Any student in medicine, nursing, public health, social welfare, dentistry, rehabilitation can become a council member.
The board consists of all existing project managers and elected board members. The Council shall be chaired by its chairman and his deputy. Meetings are held once a month to discuss current issues at both LaMSA and IFMSA (International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations).
Benefits of joining the council:
- Promote public health
- Implement your ideas in reality
- Learn more about LaMSA, council, and executive board
- Increase the circle of friends both in Latvia – LaMSA and internationally – IFMSA
- Represent LaMSA members, their views, recommendations
- Gain experience in implementing and organizing projects and campaigns
- Promote management skills, teamwork
- Attend different skill training and improve your knowledge in international training camps around the world
- Attend IFMSA General Assemblies, Regional Meetings